ZelCash-How to recover Copay wallet
The Acadia Network Upgrade was successfully implemented at block height 250,000.
The Acadia Network Upgrade brings many new features to the ZelCash blockchain. The main updates are the addition of the Overwinter and Sapling protocols developing by Zcash. The upgrade features include:
- Performance improvements of transparent addresses
- Performance improvements of shielded addresses (Sapling addresses)
- Replay protection for future network upgrades
- Decoupled spend authority
- Improved/viewable keys for monitoring your z-addresses
- Updated difficulty adjustment algorithm to LWMA3 by zawy12
- New address format — starts with “za”
ZelCash will continually upgrade the network with new features that are privacy-oriented.
One casualty of the network upgrade is the Copay wallet. Copay does not support the new Sapling protocol and support has been discontinued. We have created an easy tool to recover your Copay wallet via the ZelCash Web Wallet. You are using the Copay wallet, which was available for all desktop OSes, Android, and iOS, if it looks like this:
If you have ZelCash in the Copay wallet, transactions will not be able to send with the network upgrade. You can recover the Copay wallet using the web wallet and your 12-word backup phrase from Copay.
Note: Youtube link of recovery process if photos aren’t your thing.
How to recover Copay wallet with ZelCash web wallet (with pictures):
- Open your Copay wallet
- Click the “Settings” button
- Select “Personal Wallet” (or whatever your wallet name is)
4. Select “Backup”. Tap “Got it”. Tap “I Understand”.
5. Your 12-word backup phrase will be displayed
6. Go to https://my.zel.cash in your web browser
7. Select the “Gear” icon
8. Select “Enter Copay recovery phrase”
9. Enter your 12-word backup phrase and click “Generate/Unlock Wallet”
10. Your addresses/balances are now loaded. You can now send your ZelCash to your new wallet.
12. Select the sending address, enter the receiving address, enter the amount, enter fee (use default fee, e.g. 0.00001), check the send confirmation box, and click “Send”.
That’s it. You have recovered your old Copay wallet using the web wallet and can send your coin to a new wallet or store in the web wallet if you wish.