YecWallet v220.127.116.11 is now available-Ycash
Below are Yec Wallet software download links with information about the changes (github ycash official links)
This new version of YecWallet:
- Add a new menu item to allow rescanning the blockchain from a specific height. This uses the new rescanblockchain RPC in ycashd
- Fix an issue where “new t-address” was sometimes returning a used change address
This new version of YecWallet comes with a lot of new features and bug fixes:
- A nullifier migration tool that can reset shared nullifiers with zcash
getrescaninfoRPC support, that shows progress bar and status during private key import
- Also adds support for specifing
startHeightwhile importing private keys
- Also adds support for specifing
- Support for diversified addresses
- Upstream zcash 2.0.6 changes and bug fixes
- Fix all tests (boost, gtest and rpc) to work with Ycash. The entire test suite now runs smoothly.
This version of YecWallet brings fastsync support.
When you first start YecWallet, you can select the “fastsync” option (checked by default) to improve initial sync speed.
Fastsync is a feature that speeds up initial block synchronization by relying on PoW to verify block integrity instead of checking every single transaction. This mode is useful if you are:
- Don’t have a wallet yet or
- Plan to import private keys into
ycashdat a later stage.
Depending on your CPU and network speed, fastsync can improve the initial sync time by 25% – 33%
This is the release of Ycash v2.0.5. This release fixes some issues encountered during restarts.
All users should upgrade to this version as soon possible, well in advance of the Ycash/Zcash chain fork on July 18, 2019.
If you are upgrading from Ycash 1.0, a reindex is required:
YecWallet users: When you run YecWallet v2.0.5 for the first time, a reindex will be scheduled automatically:
- Start YecWallet v.2.0.5.
- There will be two error dialogs. You can dismiss them.
- Quit YecWallet v.2.0.5.
- Start YecWallet v.2.0.5. The reindex will begin automatically.
ycashd users: Invoke ycashd with the -reindex flag.
Note to all Ycash users who also run a Zcash full node: You can avoid the reindex by copying over the “blocks” and “chainstate” directories from Zcash:
- Quit ZecWallet/ycashd/YecWallet/ycashd.
- Delete the “blocks” directory and “chainstate” directory from the “.ycash” directory.
- Copy over “blocks” directory and “chainstate” directory from the “.zcash” directory to the “.ycash” directory.
General Installation Instructions
For most users, YecWallet is the easiest way to join the Ycash network. (YecWallet will configure an embedded ycashd for you.)
Mac users: Download the
macOS-binaries-ycash-v2.0.5.zip file below, unzip it, double-click the
macOS-yecwallet-v2.0.5.dmg file, drag YecWallet to the Applications folder, and then double-click on YecWallet to start.
Windows users: Download the
Windows-binaries-ycash-v2.0.5.zip file below, unzip it, and then double-click on YecWallet to start.
Linux users: Download the
linux-binaries-ycash-v2.0.5.tar.gz file below, run
tar -xvf linux-binaries-ycash-v1.0.tar.gz from the command line, and the run
./ycash-v2.0.5/yecwallet from the command line to start.
Advanced users can choose to configure ycashd directly, and then optionally use YecWallet.
You will need the Zcash parameters in the
~/.zcash-params folders before you start. Create a
~/.ycash/ycash.conf file with configuration options. Common options are:
server=1 addnode=mainnet.ycash.xyz addnode=main2.ycash.xyz rpcuser=<user> rpcpassword=<password>
(Be sure to replace
<password> with your chosen username and password. For important security considerations about this username and password, see the related configuration guide for Zcash.)
In general, users configuring
ycash.conf with less common options should be familiar with configuration guide for Zcash, which contains important security considerations.
YecWallet will try to connect to a running
ycashd node. If it can’t find one, it will launch its embedded
ycashdnode. If you want to prevent YecWallet from ever launching it’s embedded
ycashd, start YecWallet with the